Friday, July 3, 2009

Fourth of July Eve...

I'm going over to Jami and Colter's to watch the fireworks from their roof tomorrow. So exciting! They're going to have a great view. We are planning to head out to the pool for a while, then go up to the roof and grill etc. I get to try out some new recipes on them---that's always fun! Tony and I are in charge of burgers...then I'm going to make Black Bean Salsa (courtesy of a recipe from Kelly Bekelja--thanks!), lemon snowballs and caramel chocolate oat squares. The last two are new recipes from one of my new "Taste of Home" cookbooks. If the turn out I'll post the recipes!

We went to see Public Enemies today. It was ok. I generally like happy endings, and like Tony said "You can't change history. That's just the way it was." Ugh. After the movie, we drove out to (very exciting) Needville, TX to pick up a side of beef. Tony split a quarter cow with a guy he works with. I let him try to decide how to put it in the freezer---not an easy task! I had a flat today too, just to add to the excitement. I swear---I think my car TRIES to hit nails. This is the third flat I have had in the last year, or at least it seems that way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment