Thursday, July 2, 2009

Act 1, Scene 1

Ok...so I decided to give this a shot too! After looking at Kacy's pictures of her sweet little Kinsey, I just couldn't resist starting a blog of my own. The name is courtesy of my husband, Tony, who really is a yankee in Texas. Well, maybe not a yankee (or so he says). He says REAL yankees aren't from Michigan.

We just got back from a trip to Cancun. It was loads of fun! Tony is a great traveling buddy. We stayed at an all-inclusive which made things very easy. Days 1 and 2 consisted of lots of pool-side drinks...which made for some interesting stories. On day 3 we took a ferry to the Isla de Mujeres for some snorkeling and shopping in the little Mexican city on the island. That was the day I got completely sunburned. Yuck! Day 4 was shopping in downtown Cancun, which was pretty much a let down, and more pool/ocean time. The morning of Day 5 we went shopping at La Isla (the best shopping center in Cancun---or to us at least!), had lunch at a place called El Jugo de Limon, or something that sounded like that, where we could watch dolphins and sharks in the tanks lwhile we ate. Then off to el aeropuerto and back to ol' Manvel, Texas. The flights there and back were fine. Take-off and landing scares me a little, but I generally get over that pretty quickly. We were a little nervous on the way back during our lay-over in Atlanta, but customs and check in went very smoothly. Mimi and Jason picked us up from the airport around midnight.

Back home now. The dogs (Bella and Baxter--both schnauzers) were very happy to see us. Tony, Mimi, Jason and I went for lunch at the OG, then they left to go home. Jason is probably going to come back tomorrow (or so he says). Tony and I made an exciting trip to the grocery store this afternoon. I worked on homework all night after that---fun, fun. I'm working on my masters degree in educational administration. While I was doing boring homework, Tony (who is amazing when he wants to be!!!) built me a picture frame, cleaned the entire garage and did all our laundry!

Wonder what exciting things tomorrow holds in store??!!! :)


Some very random shots from the trip...

Checking out the shark... Don't I look scared?!
The iguanas that greeted us every time we walked in front of the hotel...











The view of the pool and hotel


Tony got "artistic" while I was sleeping in...
The view from the pool---yes, that's ocean out there!
















(On the party boat headed to the Isla de Mujeres!)














On our (BIG!) balcony! Checking in early sometimes has it's perks!













The view down the beach from our hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment