Friday, July 9, 2010

Fabulous Friday

Got up and made homemade blueberry muffins this morning at 6 before Tony went to work. They turned out pretty yummy---except we both agreed they were a little on the sweet side. Here's the recipe:

1 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar (sprinkle on top before baking--optional)

1. preheat oven to 400 and set up muffin cup liners.
2. In a large bowl, stir together milk, egg and oil. Add flour, baking powder, sugar and blueberries; gently mix the batter with only a few strokes. Spoon batter into cups.
3. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot!

I got the recipe from allrecipes.com . One of the comments said to use 1 cup of sugar instead of 1/2 (like the recipe said to use before I changed it). I would go with 1/2 cup next time, unless they were for snacks and not breakfast. Another comment said to add vanilla, but I am glad that I didn't. I liked the flavor, just not all the sugar.

Going to the grocery store to pick up more blueberries today. Maybe I will try again this weekend! Tony talked about going to the Houston Symphony or to see a play (The Mousetrap) at the Alley Theater. Looks like it's shaping up to be a great weekend!

For now, I'm off to take my cousin's daughter to see Eclipse. Don't tell---it's my second time to see it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment