Monday, November 7, 2011

Soooo.... Today was a good day. :) Tony and I spent the night with Maddie in the guest room. I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to letting her sleep anywhere but in my arms, so Tony came and kept me company while I let her sleep in her pack and play for the first time. She looks so tiny in there! For some reason, I have this irrational fear that she is going to stop breathing while she sleeps, so I feel a constant need to watch over her. Last night, we put her down around 12:30 and she was a little restless until 2. Then she woke up at 4:30 hungry and needing a diaper change, then the same at 7:30. She's a pretty good sleeper once she falls asleep! Tony took over after her 7:30 feeding, and I got to sleep until after 10! I felt so well rested, which was GREAT. All day today she has been wonderful. There was a tiny incident of projectile spit-up... but I guess those episodes happen with babies from time to time!

Tony has become a chef extraordinaire! He's always been a great cook, but I think these days at home have let him "explore" his skills a little bit. He made chicken noodle soup tonight. YUM!

He's got a turkey working now. He made one last year for Thanksgiving that was a-mazing...and I think this one will be yummy too! While he was cooking, I was playing...
I love you THIIIISSSSS much!
Yes--the outfit says "daddy's princess..."

Baxter is warming up a little...

Investigating...



Right at this moment, 8:15pm, Maddie is swingin' and Daddy is eating ice cream. We're watching How I Met Your Mother--and all very grateful for our sweet new family. Tomorrow might be a big day--we've talked about making a trek out to Sugarland for lunch. Eek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment