Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mocking Bird Song...


Baby Peanut is as long as a banana this week! 10 inches, "crown to heel." Boy, Peanut sure is growing FAST.

I found this fun new music--for babies! I can't wait to let our little one listen. It's called Rockabye Baby! and it's all your favorite tunes, but "baby-styled." I've been listening to remakes of AC/DC, Bon Jovi, and Weezer via Pandora today. While I had that station on, the "Mocking Bird Song" came on, and I couldn't help but think of my mom. She used to make up the words to that song when she sang it to me and my brothers. So, mom, this is for you.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's going to buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's going to buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

BUT--I like Mom's made up words much, much better. :)

3 comments:

  1. How funny , I will have to practice for baby peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are not at all the words I remember singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well! Just discovered you had your own blog! We love your baby updates! This is one of our dude's favourite lullabies too! Can't wait to meet your precious babe!

    ReplyDelete